There are sensors on the Taurus front seats for both the driver and the passenger that trigger a series of beeps to remind you to fasten your seat belt. These beeps will continue as long as you fail to fasten your safety belt. Many people find this reminder annoying and want to disable the alarm. You can disable the alarm with relative ease, but remember that it is the law in most states that you have your seat belt fastened while you drive.
1. Park the vehicle, turn off the ignition and engage the emergency brake. Disconnect the driver’s safety belt and the passenger’s safety belt.
2. Put the key in the ignition and turn it to the “On” position, but don’t start the engine. Wait for one minute for the seat belt light on the instrument panel to turn off.
3. Fasten and unfasten your seat belt very quickly nine times. At the end of this, the airbag light will turn on for 10 seconds.
4. Wait for the seat belt light to shut off, then quickly fasten and unfasten your seat belt.
5. Wait for the seat belt light to flash on the instrument panel four times. This tells you that the seat belt alarm has been disabled. If you don’t see this light flash, repeat the steps.