Whirlpool Duet Washer
The Whirlpool Duet washer is a great washer but some people have had some problems. Recently I have been getting “DL” errors which stands for Door Lock. Often times this will happen right as you are starting the washer. The door won’t lock and you will get an error. Other times it will happen once the door is already locked and it will not unlock trapping your clothes inside. My washer did this after warranty. The first time I even paid a service man to fix the problem but the same thing happened about 6 months later. You can fix the problem yourself kinda the same way you used to fix an old television that wouldn’t power on…. with a thump! Does this Spark an idea?
1. If your door hasn’t yet locked and will not lock simply press cancel and try again. If this will not work and the cycle still will not start up then skip to step three.
2. If your door is already locked and you get an “F” error press and hold the cancel button, and select drain/spin. If this still doesn’t work and your clothes are trapped inside do not resort to getting out the crow bar and a sledge hammer. (Though you may really feel like doing just that). You can manually unlock the door by following these steps:
– Unplug washer or disconnect power.
– Remove the lower kick panel.
– Reach up along the inside of the front and locate the bottom of the door switch/lock unit.
– Located on the bottom of the door switch/lock unit is a teardrop shaped tab.
– Gently pull the tab down about a 1/4? or until a click is heard.
– The door may be now opened.
After I manually did this one time I never had the “F” error again.
3. If your door fails to lock and your cycle will not start moderately but forcefully hit the back right hand corner of the washer with your fist. You may have to do this a couple of times, but your should hear the locking mechanism click so your washer is now locked. After doing this for a couple of times my washer is now working properly for the last 6 months or so. Even if it is not a long term fix it I have used this method very effectively.