Fix a DVD Player When the Drawer Won’t Open
It’s incredibly frustrating when you’re ready to watch or remove a movie, but the drawer of your DVD player won’t open. Here’s fix a stuck DVD drawer and rescue your movie.
1. Turn off your DVD player. You do not want to risk electrical shock while working with it.
2. Locate your DVD player’s manual Eject button. It is usually a small hole located underneath the DVD drawer.
3. Insert a stiff wire-such as a paperclip or safety pin-into the hole. Push gently and the drawer should open partway. Gently pull the drawer the rest of the way open.
4. Remove the DVD and see if there is a problem with it. Most DVD player drawers get stuck when a DVD is warped or the label is starting to peel. If the DVD is warped, discard it. If the label is peeling, remove the label.
5. Turn your DVD player back on. If it gets stuck again on a different DVD, then the problem may be with your DVD player rather than with your DVDs.