Police Impound Lot
If your car or truck is in police impound, you need to get it out as quick as possible. Each day provides more fees and more headaches. Whatever the reason for the towing – late parking tickets, accidents, illegal driving, a DUI or whatever, the way to get the car out of police impound is the same (and perhaps a little frustrating too.) Here’s how!
1. Talk to the police and locate the police impound your vehicle is currently at. This is the impound you will need to get a ride to so your car can be released.
2. While talking to the police, ask what charges and fines need to be paid to get your car released. Now you will have impound fees, but that usually is different than if you have law breaking infractions (such as parking tickets). Find out what paperwork of payment needs to be taken care of.
3. Now you need to call the impound lot where your car is currently located. In larger cities, you will find your car may or may not be in the lot told so call first to say yourself a bunch of work.
4. When you talk to the impound lot, ask them what identification you need to bring and what police paperwork to bring so your car can be released. Also ask them what the total expense of your bill is up to 5pm. These are all items you need to bring.
5. Once you get a ride to the impound lot, introduce yourself and provide the necessary documents and cash to get your car released. This is the easiest part of an impounded car.
6. Get in your car and drive away as far as you can from the impound lot. Your car probably was seriously emotionally destroyed over the experience and needs time to regroup.