If you want more visibility and flash on your vehicle, you can install the Xenon Street Glow Strobe headlights yourself. Street Glow Strobe headlights flash once every 2.5 seconds, creating a unique and conspicuous impression. Many states, however, outlaw strobe lights so research the laws in your state before installing them. Xenon strobe lights reside inside the headlight assembly on your vehicle. Because you have to remove the headlight assembly in order to install them, the exact installation procedure varies by the make and model of the vehicle you have.
1. Turn off your vehicle if it was on. Prop open the hood with the hood support rods.
2. Disconnect the headlight wiring harness on the rear of the headlight assembly.
3. Remove any visible bolts securing the headlight assembly to the headlight mounting bracket. Pull the headlight assembly out of the front end of the vehicle. If the headlight assembly comes out, continue to step 5. If the headlight assembly does not budge, continue to the next step.
4. Remove the grille, turn-signal assembly and bumper, in that order. Look for and remove hidden bolts that continue to secure the headlight assembly in place as you remove the additional parts. The exact process for removing these parts varies by make and model of the vehicle. In general, fasteners hold the grille from the top, fasteners hold the turn-signal assembly from the top, and fasteners hold the bumper below it and from within the front wheel wells.
5. Put the headlight assembly on a work bench. Drill a 1/2 inch into the rear of the headlight assembly body with your power drill and 1/2 inch drill bit.
6. Insert the xenon strobe light into the 1/2 inch hole. Twist the grommet from the strobe light kit onto the rear of the strobe light to secure it to the rear of the headlight assembly.
7. Mount the transformer that comes with the strobe light kit onto the rear of the headlight assembly with the zip ties provided in the kit.
8. Set the headlight assembly back on the headlight mounting bracket. Use a socket wrench to remove a nearby bolt on the chassis. Connect the black ground wire from the transformer to the chassis bolt. Replace the chassis bolt. Run the black and white wire from the transformer to the fuse box. Secure the wire in place with zip ties.
9. Open the fuse box. Look at the wiring diagram in the fuse box for a 12-volt fuse. Remove this fuse. Cut 1/2 an inch of insulation off of the end of the black and white wire. Insert the exposed lead through a fuse tap. Clamp the fuse tap down with your pliers. Connect the black and white wire from the transformer to the 12-volt fuse with the fuse tap. Reinsert the fuse into the fuse box.
10. Repeat the previous steps to install a Xenon Street Glow Strobe headlight in the other headlight assembly on your vehicle.