Candles are a wonderful way to add warmth and a pleasant aroma to a home or office. Most candles burn up and are thrown away, but it is possible to make an everlasting candle, which will last considerably longer than normal candles, maybe even forever.
Crisco Everlasting Candle
1. Open a can of Crisco. The bigger the can, the better.
2. Insert the candle wick into the center of the can of Crisco. If the can has a large diameter, multiple wicks can be inserted. Leave a quarter of an inch of wick showing above the Crisco to make sure the flame is a manageable size.
3. Even out the top of the Crisco so the candle is smooth.
4. Light the wick and enjoy the candle.
Buddy Burner Everlasting Candle
5. Cut the cardboard, across the corrugations, into several strips that are the same height as the can. Roll the strips together until the same diameter as the can. Carefully insert cardboard roll into can.
6. Melt the paraffin wax in the double boiler. Each candle will use around four ounces of wax.
7. Pour the melted wax over the corrugated cardboard roll inside of the tin. The wax will flow down the corrugation holes. Fill the can to the top.
8. Light the candle by placing a lit match in the middle of the candle. The flame will light the entire top of the candle.
9. Replenish the wax in the candle by putting small amounts of solid wax on the candle while it is burning. The chunks of wax will melt and fill in evaporated areas. As long as the wax is replaced, the candle will last indefinitely.
Tea Light Everlasting Candle
10. Light the column candle. Monitor the candle as it burns.
11. Pour melted wax off candle, into a pan of cool water. This solidifies the wax so it can be reused or safely disposed of.
12. Keep emptying the melted wax until top of candle has a depression large enough for the tea light to fit. It may be necessary to use a wooden popsicle stick to enlarge and smooth out the opening. Let cool.
13. Insert tea light with holder into opening. Burn tea light candle as desired and replace new candle into holder as necessary.