Reset a Mercury Mountaineer Alarm
The alarm on your Mercury Mountaineer acts as a theft deterrent. This anti-theft device may do more than just protect your vehicle from being stolen. Many insurance companies offer discounts on cars with alarm systems. However, it’s not a perfect system. You may experience a false alarm, in which case you will need to reset your Mountaineer’s alarm. You must use the original key that came with the vehicle to deactivate and reset the alarm.
1. Insert the ignition/door key in the door lock on the driver’s- side door of your Mountaineer.
2. Turn the key to the lock position.
3. Turn your key to the unlock position.
4. Turn your key to the lock position.
5. Turn your key to the unlock position. Your alarm is now disabled. If your key fob works, you can also press the unlock or alarm-disable button on the fob.
6. Start the Mountaineer’s engine and allow the vehicle to run for at least 10 minutes. This will allow the alarm to relearn the default settings. You must make sure that you have disabled the alarm first, however, before you attempt to start the vehicle, so that the alarm will reset itself.