You’ll need your key to turn off the air bag light.
When you see the air bag, or SRS (Supplemental Restraint System), light illuminate on the instrument panel of your Nissan Armada, it could mean several things. If you just removed the seats or installed a stereo in your Armada, it may cause the air bag light to blink continuously. Or it could mean there is a malfunction with your air bag system. If you suspect the latter is the case, have the vehicle looked at and repaired before driving it or you risk having the air bag deploy accidentally. Once the problem has been addressed, you can manually reset the air bag light yourself at home.
1. Put the key into the ignition and turn it to the “On” position, taking care not to start the engine.
2. Wait until the SRS light starts blinking. As it blinks off, quickly turn off the vehicle and remove the ignition key. Wait five seconds.
3. Put the ignition key back in and repeat steps 1 and 2. Repeat these two steps one more time. The SRS light should have a different pattern of blinking now.
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 three more times.
5. Start the engine and watch to see if the SRS light illuminates for a few seconds and then turns off for good. If it does not, repeat the preceding procedure.