Stop Shocks From Static Electricity

An electrostatic spark is generally not dangerous, but it can be unpleasant to experience.

Getting an unexpected shock from static electricity is an unpleasant experience. The buildup of an electrostatic charge creates the shock you get when you touch something, which releases static electricity. Generally, these electrical charges are not dangerous, but they can be a nuisance. Knowing prevent electrostatic shocks makes life a little more comfortable, and a few minor changes to your clothing or lifestyle keeps you safe from these unexpected shocks. Does this Spark an idea?

Instructions

1. Rub dryer sheets on your clothes if you notice they cling to you, or if you’re experiencing an overabundance of static shocks as you walk around. Anti-static spray reduces static when sprayed on your clothing, carpets and furniture.

2. Add humidity to the air with a humidifier. If you don’t have a humidifier handy, boil water on your stove or run very hot water in the shower to add water to the air. Moisture reduces dry conditions in the air which contribute to producing static electricity.

3. Choose cotton clothing or clothing made with natural fibers to reduce electrostatic shocks. The rubbing of synthetic fibers creates more static energy than does a natural one.

4. Hold metal in your hand, or touch metal to metal, to discharge the electric build up and keep from getting shocked. Your car key or your house key easily completes this process.


READ  Make An Led Flashing Light Bar